Sunday, July 31, 2011

Loving New Mexico

We arrived in Gallup this evening after spending last night and today in Santa Fe. After a mammoth drive yesterday we arrived in Santa Fe late, checked in to our original 1920s Route 66 hotel, El Rey Inn, and then head out for some food and booze. We were really beat so it was a one margarita night for moi. We spent today doing the sights of Santa Fe, and then a quick cruise down Route 66 Alburqueque and we headed west for Gallup New Mexico. We debated along the way about our lodgings, generic nice wifi hotel, or the El Rancho, a famous R66 haunt of movie stars out west way for filming. We took a punt despite some luke warm Tripadvisor reviews, and you know what - we hit gold. This place is awesome, from the whole ambience to the food, the staff, even the gift shop. I better go so I can enjoy it. But one last surprise - Rob, who HATES shopping, actually said today that he liked it here, cos they have good stuff at good prices and you can actually get help if you need it. Look out Vegas shopping malls and outlet I say!
(ps he let me buy some cowboy boots today - my first ones this trip!)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Gallup, New Mexico

1 comment:

  1. First pair of boots hey? I am thinking they won't be the last!!! Kelly

    ReplyDelete